The New York B.A.S.S. Chapter Federation
Join through a NYBCF affiliated club “or” join though the N.O.N.E Club
OPTION 1 – Joining through an affiliated club
- Start by being a current member of B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsmen Society) – which is done by subscribing to Bassmaster Magazine. When you join B.A.S.S. they will provide you an official B.A.S.S. member number. That B.A.S.S. membership number is going to be used to complete the process of joining a club and the NYBCF, so it is best to make sure you have a current membership and to always keep your member number handy.
- Find a club in your area by searching our existing club contact list to see if there is an established club in your general location. If there isn’t a club in your area or you may not have time to belong to a club, you can still join the NYBCF through the N.O.N.E. Club (skip down to OPTION 2); however, the odds are there will be a local club in your area. Contact the club representative (email or phone) and determine when/where they meet and show up.
- In order to join the NYBCF – you must join the national level B.A.S.S. Federation Nation (dues are $30)*. For your membership to the national level you will receive a year subscription to BASSTIMES ($24 value) and a membership to BASS Insider website (a $30 value).
- Fill out a NYBCF membership application and submit $20* to pay for the NYBCF dues. NYBCF membership gives you the opportunity to earn special discounts on various products, allows you to enter NYBCF tournaments, offers you a voice in NYBCF matters, and you will receive 4 issues of the NYBCF magazine – FISHLINES
* Regarding dues for item 3 and 4: Clubs may opt to collect and submit these dues as part of your total membership fee to join that club – so make sure you talk with the club to determine how they handle collecting (and submitting) your information and payment for the national and state level organizations*
OPTION 2 – Joining through the N.O.N.E club
The NYBCF would prefer that all anglers join through an affiliated club to ensure that the members have a say on matters important to the Federation, bass anglers, and the sport of fishing. However, if you can’t find a club in your area or do not wish to join an affiliated club – you can still fish the NYBCF points tournaments by joining the N.O.N.E. club
- Start by being a current member of B.A.S.S. (Bass Anglers Sportsmen Society) – which is done by subscribing to Bassmaster Magazine. When you join B.A.S.S. they will provide you an official B.A.S.S. member number. Once you have that you B.A.S.S. membership number…
- Fill out a NYBCF membership application, make sure it is legible and list your club as “N.O.N.E” – make sure all the information requested is provided. This form cannot be processed without a valid B.A.S.S. number as the B.A.S.S. Roster system requires that information for any new members to be entered!
- Mail the application form to the address listed on the bottom of the form ALONG with a check made payable to “NYBCF” for $55 (which includes your $30 B.A.S.S. Federation Nation dues and your $20 NYBCF (state level) dues along with $5 fee for processing).
BENEFITS OF JOINING THE NYBCF
- Reap benefits from the NYSBCF Conservation/Environmental organized committees to promote and protect your bass fishing interests in New York State.
- Eligibility to compete at the NYBCF Tournament Trail points event and earn a position on the New York B.A.S.S. Eastern Divisional Team for a 1 in 96 chance at making it the BASSMASTERS CLASSIC
- Affiliated clubs are able to send their top 6 club anglers to the ROSEMARY MURPHYCLUB TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP for a chance to earn one of two positions on the NY B.A.S.S. Eastern Divisional Team
- All NYBCF members receive 4 issues of one of the best grass roots magazines in the country – FISHLINES.
- Your children and grandchildren are eligible to compete for the NYBCF Scholarship Program for after high school continuing education. This program is not just for college-bound students but for trade training as well.
- NYBCF members have numerous opportunities to purchase various sponsor products at some substantial discounts (please consult your club representative or the NYBCF members only forum– for complete detail)
How to start a B.A.S.S. club
Follow these steps to share the fun and knowledge of bass fishing
Starting a BASS Federation Nation Club has never been easier and is an extremely rewarding experience. In three easy steps, you and your Club will become part of the largest bass fishing organization in the world. Click here for a complete list of Federation Nation Club benefits.
Step 1 | Round up 6 of your friends
A new BASS Federation Nation Club can be started with as few as 6 BASS Members.
Step 2 | Contact BASS
After getting your 6 Members together, complete this online registration form to get the process started. A BASS representative will be assigned to your request and will guide you through the process. If you have any questions at any time during the process, feel free to contact us toll free at 877-BASS-USA, and press option #3 to speak with a Membership Services representative. The documentation includes a simple application for affiliation with BASS, a list of the Members in your club, sample constitution and bylaws, and a letter of authorization.
Step 3 | Complete the Paperwork and Start Fishing
Once you complete and submit your paperwork, your Club is official. As a Federation Nation Club, you can take your fishing to the next level, educate young anglers, and help support and protect bass fishing interests on both a state and national level through your Club’s conservation and educational programs.
Your Membership Services team will be with you through the entire process, but if you have any questions you can e-mail us or call us toll free at 877-BASS-USA, and press option #3 for Federation Nation. We are happy to help with any questions you may have.
Have fun and welcome to BASS Federation Nation!
Step 4 | Pay Your Clubs NYBCF Dues and Individual Memberships
Send one copy of your Membership List and bylaws with $20.00 per member and a yearly club fee of $35.00 to the address at the bottom of this page.
- Email email@example.com to tell us that your packet is on the way.
- Include a membership application for each NYBCF member on the roster
- National B.A.S.S. usually takes about four to six weeks to process, state will process almost immediately once your club is added to the BASS roster system (and payment/information has been received)
HAVE FUN AND WELCOME TO NYBCF and the B.A.S.S. Federation Nation
More Info on Club Affiliation
- Anglers can legally join up to three Federations, but must declare before tournament season which Divisional Team they are competing for.
- Clubs must affiliate with the State Federation to maintain B.A.S.S. sanction of their club. Clubs not properly sanctioned put their insurance in jeopardy!
- Proper club sanction means that membership lists are current with National B.A.S.S. Federation.
More Info on Membership
- Anglers can legally join up to three B.A.S.S. clubs and participate in all their activities.
- The club that an angler signs up representing for a Federation Tournament will
be the same for the entire tournament season.
For more Info or Help, Email:Membership@nybassfed.com
NYSBCF Membership Chairperson
Direct all questions, concerning membership, to:
117 Bramley Drive
Camillus, NY 13031